Yellicode Modeler is a free and cross-platform modeling tool for creating Yellicode models. A Yellicode model is a subset of a UML 2.5 model, and is stored in a .ymn file that you can use directly in your code generation templates. All elements and relationships from the meta model are supported by Yellicode Modeler.
Unlike most UML tools, Yellicode Modeler does not support diagramming (yet). Instead, it lets you focus on the details that matter for code generation and provides easy-to-use editors that let you edit code models very quickly.
Download for Windows * Download for macOS **
* Windows: requires Windows 10 x64. Get the 32 bit version .
** MacOS: requires macOS 10.12 "Sierra" or later
Learn how to use Yellicode Modeler in the Yellicode Modeler documentation section.
The future of Yellicode Modeler
The current version of Yellicode Modeler is one of the first releases and a lot of improvements are planned for the future. This is our - ever changing - roadmap (in random order of priority):
- Better documentation.
- Tabbed interface.
- Diagramming support.
- Share Profiles through NPM. Added in v0.3.
- More shortcuts or smarter dialogs for common modeling tasks.
- Continuous usability improvements.
- Linux support.
Yellicode Modeler is built using .NET Core, Electron the Aurelia framework and (for some parts), using Yellicode itself.
- Enabled copy-paste support on MacOS.
- Fixed issue when loading tagged values that are defined in an external profile.
- Fixed issue of duplicate imports of @yellicode/elements in generated .ts files.
- Internal changes
- Fixed "Cannot find module 'electron-is-dev'" error when opening a file in a running modeler instance.
- Improved Model Explorer refresh behaviour.
- Added 'About' menu item.
- Fixed issue when discovering types in imported profiles.
- Added support for types exported from referenced documents.
- Change code signing certificate provider.
- Some stability improvements.
Version 0.3.4 and 0.3.5
- Bug fixes related to NPM reference path resolution.
- Bug fix: typescript utility functions for stereotypes were sometimes generated twice when saving a project file.
- Fixed issue on MacOS that broke quitting from the dock.
- Fixed installation of NPM references on MacOS.
- Added possibility to add references: install Yellicode profiles through NPM and add references to local files.
- Some UI improvements: better status indicator, improved normalization of user input.
- Generating extra API methods for types in a profile when saving a project.
- Now also handling Mac OS X File Open events.
- Model files can now also be opened from Windows Explorer.
- Fixed desktop notifications (used to notify about updates) thanks to this comment on an Electron/Windows issue.
- Improved model explorer layout, now showing model as an actual package.
- Allowing stereotypes for packages.
- Created editor for package properties.
- Workaround for generated stereotype, avoiding TS compiler error (this TypeScript issue).